Sunday 16 October 2011

Module 2

Basic Blogging – if I can do it, anyone can!


Through ICT staff inservices, I had heard of what a blog was however, before Web 2.0, had never been successful in creating one by myself.


After visiting the site ‘Blogging Basics: Creating Student Journals on the Web’ by Lorrie Jackson, I’ve been given a multitude of ideas on how I can include blogging in my classroom. Whether it be - in guided reading to review a book they are reading (aka ‘boys blogging books’), an open-ended maths task, writing their own prayers of praise (creation),  argue their point of view in exposition or even asking questions at the initiation of a science unit. The possibilities seem endless.


After having an ‘epic-fail’ first blogging experience, I was pleasantly surprised to find ‘Blogger’ relatively easy to use. The only issue I seemed to have was my own indecision as to the colours and fonts to use…I have already mentioned my procrastination previously.  


Module 2 – Check


Module 3…Bring it on!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Row, thanks for following my blog. My own children (I have 3) know more about Web 2.0 technology than I do BUT as I've been going through each one, that is quickly changing! It's awesome to communicate with an educator from Australia! Your input on ways to implement these technologies in the classroom are great!

    I'm an educator in training at present in the states, at the University at Buffalo studying library and information studies. I'm interested in being a school librarian at the primary or elementary level.

    I'll subscribe to your blog too to see what ideas you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tip for you...If you go to your dashboard in the design tab, you can add a gadget to your page in the form of a button that makes it super easy for people to subscribe to your blog. Also, I forgot to tell you that I like your design and Wags the Wolf (too cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cece, I know...this generation knows so much about Web 2.0 stuff that we need to try and keep up. It's very exciting for me as well to be talking to another educator - the fact that you come from the States makes it especially awesome! I tried fixing the subscribing thinggy - did it work, is that what you were talking about? Thanks for the compliment, took a long time for me to figure out what I liked. Actually, your blog was a major inspiration for me. Loved how colourful it was but didn't know how to make the background dark/transparent. Excited to have you on board :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment. Yes, that was the button I was talking about. Now you'll see me under followers. I think I should add a picture.

    ReplyDelete