Sunday 16 October 2011

Module 1


Whoa, it’s Row FINALLY on Web 2.0

Hello Hello, my name is Rowena Hendriks and I am a primary teacher at St Lukes Primary School. I am currently in my 5th year of teaching and I teach year 2 (after 3 years of teaching year 4). I signed up for 2.0 for two reasons…
1) To advance my technological skills and equip myself with new, exciting and ever-evolving Internet-based resources…AND...
2) The majority of my colleagues have already completed it and I thought it would be an awesome time to stop procrastinating.

After watching the introductory YouTube vids, I am excited about the shift in thinking and the opportunities that now arise. Saying that though, I'm also daunted by the vast quantity of resources that have arisen. It seems to be, that if we don't do courses like these, then major advancements and these opportunities will pass us by.  Going through Jane Hart’s ‘toolbox for learning professionals’, I was excited to find out that I’ve heard-of and even  used some of these e-resources before. Who knows, maybe this Web 2.0 course is more achievable than I thought.  

Anyways, here goes nothing…module 1 over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment