Saturday 19 November 2011

Course Reflection and Feedback

iLE@RN-t much on this journey!

I can’t believe it’s just about over *wipes an imaginary tear* Here we go…

To be completely honest, I did think the ‘e’ in eLearning stood for electronic…and was majorly confused when the video ‘eLearning with the iLE@RN Model’ said that computers were not the focus. However, after watching, I felt like my eyes were truly opened to the possibilities, responsibilities and challenges that came with using technology in the classroom. That my students learn best when their learning is meaningful, engaging and challenging. That technology IS NOT the focus, but merely tools to help us as educators teach the children as best we can.

Whenever I look for resources to aid my professional development, I love things that are succinct, useful and can be understood and used as soon as you pick it up. Introducing the ‘Bloom's digital taxonomy map’ by Andrew Churches. He has taken a Bloom’s Taxonomy matrix and has added the programs/skills that would enable higher-order thinking to occur. Succinct, useful, easily understood…PERFECT. He has taken the old and added the new for us. I think Second Life would fit in anyone of Bloom’s domains and the learning there is just so rounded. I would possibly put Bubbl.us in analysing as you need to see the relationships between ideas. I also believe programs like Glogster and Prezi require students to use higher-order thinking.   

I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this web 2.0 course. Not only did I learn and experiment with a whole new arsenal of web 2.0 tools, it also enabled me to have some important professional discussions. I’ve heard about other teacher’s ideas, and have even made an educator friend overseas (hi Cece). Overall a very worthwhile experience. If I could give any advice…don’t start in term 4…too many things happening. Oh, that and if you can – have a small group working on the same things. The discussion that comes from it is invaluable.

To whomever decided to read my blogs, and follow me on this journey…thanks for the company and the support.

Row…over and out J

No comments:

Post a Comment